- Shooting Acc.
- Eye & Ear Protection
- Electronic Muffs
WALKERS RAZOR-XV DIGITAL EAR BUDS w/BLUETOOTH 31dB
The Razor-XV incorporates a neck worn device featuring retractable digital ear buds that provide incredible comfort for all day shooting. The “behind the neck” design allows for ZERO interference with you or your weapon, allowing for complete focus on your target. These remarkable patent-pending buds will not only protect your hearing, but enhance up to nine times your natural hearing ability as well. Utilizing a Sound Activated Compression circuit (SAC) the Razor XV features a no fail system for protecting your ears from harmful noises such as muzzle blast, and will actually reduce overall sound output by an impressive 31dB (31dB NRR).
The Hi Gain omni-directional microphones provide clear sound enhancement for enjoyable conversations on the range or to hear firearm instructors’ directions while training. The Razor-XV HD digital speakers provide a wide range audio quality that enhances the users experience. Now featuring Bluetooth, you can stream your favorite music, or even take a phone call all while protecting yourself from the harmful effects of muzzle blast. The Razor XV also features independent volume control between the microphone and Bluetooth feed. In a shooting scenario this allows you to stream your music quietly and still allow for range commands over the top of the music when the microphones are turned up. In a hunting scenario, you can quietly listen to music, stream a sports game, or take a phone call and not miss out on anything running in! The Razor XV model is a serious game changer for any shooter or hunter alike.
The kit includes two different styles of noise reducing foam tips in a variety of sizes to ensure a proper fit for maximum noise reduction. The Razor-X is equipped with an auto-shut off (low power mode) after 4 to 6 hours. The timer will reset and the unit will wake up after any button is pressed. An AC wall adapter with USB port and a one-meter micro USB cord is provided for convenient charging.
- Bluetooth Technology
- Retractable Digital Ear buds
- 31dB NRR
- Sound Activated Compression (SAC)
- Powered by Rechargeable LIPO battery 250mAH battery for 10 hours of use.
- Hi Gain omnidirectional microphones for clear sound enhancement.
- HD speakers in the ear buds for wide range audio quality.
- Includes 3 pairs of 12mm foam tips (S/M/L) and two pairs of 16mm coated foam tips (M/L)
- Auto-Shut Off (low power mode) after 4 to 6 hours. Timer resets and unit wakes after any button is pressed.
- Integrated Micro USB port .
- AC wall adapter with USB port and included 1 meter micro USB cord for charging.
- Storage case Included
Read 1 Reviews - Average Rating: 1 stars
Color me disappointed
By Greg P.
on Sep 02, 2016
I had great hopes for this product. I have always wondered about having low level music playing while shooting to help keep the mind from wandering but most products that support that have an inferior NRR - I care about preserving my hearing!
Here was a product that has a decent NRR, would play music (via Bluetooth) and wouldn't interfere with my gun mount so I bit and ordered it. Unfortunately I ran into several problems.
1. The collar unit does not interfere with the gun mount, as claimed. However, the cord from the earbud to the collar unit inevitably gets caught by the butt of the gun when mounting and tends to yank the earbud out of the ear. The only way I could figure to deal with this is to run the cord up over the ear but it is not long enough to do that and still allow the collar unit to rest at the base of the neck.
2. I apparently have narrow ear canals and none of the supplied tips fit well. I can get them in with a fair amount of pressure (I did twist them as recommended in the instructions) but the recoil of the gun causes the one on the shooting side to back out after about 10 shots. In a 25 target shotgun event that means fiddling with the earbud at least twice during the event. You can compress the tips with your fingers prior to insertion but they immediately spring back before you can possibly get them into your ear.
3. After the second time to the range attempting to use them, one of the earbuds stopped working.
While this sounded (pun not intended) like a great idea they definitely did not work for me. I guess I'm going back to the disposable foam earplugs I've used for years.
Three cheers for Graf's customer service. I got a return authorization with no trouble at all and the product will be winging its way back to Graf's real soon. It is a pleasure dealing with a quality organization like Graf's.
Was this page helpful?
Submit your own rating by logging in.