- Metallic Reloading
- Rifle Bullets
- 243 Caliber/6mm (.242-.243)
HORNADY 6MM (.243) 87gr V-MAX BULLET 100/BX
With its combination of proven materials, innovative design and streamlined profile, the Hornady® V-MAX® represents the pinnacle of what a specialized varmint bullet can achieve, offering straight-line trajectories, enhanced accuracy, dramatic expansion and explosive fragmentation at a wide range of distances and velocities.
The industry's leading varmint bullet with polymer tip and streamlined design results in flat trajectories. The concentricity of the match grade AMP® bullet jacket provides maximum accuracy at all ranges as well as explosive expansion, even at velocities as low as 1600 fps.
- POLYMER TIP: The secret to the explosive terminal performance of the V-Max® is a hollow cavity resting between the tip's shaft and the body of the bullet. Upon impact, the hard shaft builds up speed and energy before driving into the core, causing the entire package to rapidly expand to the point of violent fragmentation, even at low terminal velocities.
- HIGHER BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT: Hornady® combines the sharp, pointed polymer tip with the most aerodynamic profile for a high ballistic coefficient. The V-MAX® profile also provides the maximum bearing surface for added in-flight stability.
- SWAGED LEAD CORE: The swaging process allows precise formation of the core up and around the tip, with a cavity under the tip's stem. This allows the tip to build up energy before smashing into the core, causing dramatic fragmentation of the core and jacket.
- PRECISE BOATTAIL & FLATBASE DESIGNS: Utilizing the proper base design provides incredible in-flight stability for long-range shooting.
This is not loaded ammunition.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
CALIBER: 6mm .243"
PRODUCT LINE: V-MAX®
SECTIONAL DENSITY: .210
BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT: .400 (G1)
WEIGHT: 87 GR
APPLICATION: Varmint < 50 lbs
BOX COUNT: 100
ITEM #: 22440
Read 5 Reviews - Average Rating: 5 stars
Good performance at a great price
By Tom S.
on Mar 03, 2023
I shoot these exclusively in casual benchrest matches at my gun club. My rifle is Savage 6mm ARC(1-8) and I get consistent 3/8 five shot groups. We shoot for score so that is good enough to be competitive.
By James W.
on Feb 10, 2023
These bullets have explosive performance. My 6mm BR Norma 1-8 loves these. They are an excellent target bullet too, 600 yard performance is on par with a lot of seriously higher priced bullets. I'll be needing a lot more of these.
By Stephen D.
on Nov 05, 2020
Great product, consistent and accurate
By Jake P.
on Oct 18, 2020
Tested these at 100yard in 243Win with sub 0.5 moa results in a factory Ruger American. Then for fun shot a 196-7X at a NRA 600 yard match with the setup. Very impressed.
Standby or go to 6mm bullet for rodents
By S Peter P.
on Oct 07, 2020
This is an amazing bullet - I had a 6mm AI built with a 10 twist just for this bullet. I get velocities in the mid 3400 fps. Modest ballistic stuff but at 3400 plus it gets out to 600 and more very well with pin point accuracy. I also use the 87 VMax in 8 twist .243W & 6mm Rem at about 3250 fps with surprisingly good accuracy - must be spinning like crazy.. I loaded up 50 rounds for the .243W and was able to shoot a prairie dog at over 400 yards and reserved the .243 W/87 Vmax combo for shots over 300 that day until I ran out of ammo. Real happy with this bullet, it shoots extremely well in all my 6mm's. .
Was this page helpful?
Submit your own rating by logging in.