- Metallic Reloading
- Rifle Bullets
- 30 Caliber (.308)
HORNADY 30c(.308) 168gr A-MAX BULLET 100/BX
The Hornady® A-MAX® bullet design grew from a relentless application of everything they know about ballistics and flight characteristics. After all, match shooters demand perfection from their bullets every time they step on the range.
The aerodynamic secant ogive profile, the sharp pointed tip and the unequaled concentricity of the A-MAX® design give it an extremely high ballistic coefficient for near perfection in flight.
- ULTRA LOW-DRAG TIP: The low-drag and uniform point raises the ballistic coefficient and precisely balances the center of pressure relative to the center of gravity in order to achieve optimal in-flight stability.
- SECANT OGIVE PROFILE: The geometric profile works to produce low drag and flatter trajectories.The secant ogive design also provides the optimum bearing surface for stability in flight and the best ballistic coefficient possible.
- SWAGED LEAD CORE: The swaging process provides excellent uniformity and balance for consistent performance and accuracy.
- AMP® JACKET: The jacket has virtually zero tolerance for concentricity and near zero wall thickness variation.
- BOATTAIL: The angle and length of the boattail is unique to each caliber and weight of Match™ and A-MAX® bullets to maximize ballistic coefficient and accuracy.
This is not loaded ammunition.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
CALIBER: 30 Cal. .308"
PRODUCT LINE: A-MAX®
SECTIONAL DENSITY: .253
BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT: .475 (G1)
WEIGHT: 168 GR
BOX COUNT: 100
ITEM #: 30502
Read 6 Reviews - Average Rating: 5 stars
By James W.
on Oct 27, 2022
The 168 grain ELD-x bullet is my go to for everything from whitetail to elk hunting. They are extremely accurate and will put animals on the ground!!!
Item #:HRN30502 .30cal 168gr A-Max
By Eric M.
on Mar 09, 2021
This projectile is a great all-arounder. It works well in .308 Winchester bolt actions and semi-autos, .30-06 (M1 Garand) , and I've also successfully used it for low-recoil loads in .300WM.
While you may find more accurate bullets in each of the above applications, I challenge you to find a single bullet that does as well, across so many platforms.
Simply put, you will not find a better value for your dollar.
The Hornady projectiles are well built, and have great quality control. Bullet weights are consistent to within +/- .5gr, with the vast majority being spot on the advertised 168gr. The ogive of these bullets is also very consistent.
By Greg S.
on Jan 07, 2021
My rifle LOVES these bullets!!!
By William S.
on Aug 04, 2020
I love the accuracy that I have been able to achieve using these bully’s. Wish they were available in more calibers and bullet weights.
By John M.
on May 08, 2020
Use these all the time when available in 308 bolt gun. Awesome accuracy!
.30 Cal 168 gr A-MAX
By Michael E.
on Nov 19, 2018
Was this page helpful?
Submit your own rating by logging in.