- Metallic Reloading
- Rifle Bullets
- 30 Caliber (.308)
HORNADY 30c (.308) 170gr FP BULLET (30-30) 100/BX
Hornady's traditional line of bullets feature exposed lead tips for controlled expansion and hard-hitting terminal performance. Most have their pioneering secant ogive design — one of the most ballistically efficient profiles ever developed. Most feature Hornady's exclusive InterLock® design — a raised ring inside the jacket that is embedded in the bullet's core that keeps the core and jacket locked together during expansion to retain mass and energy.
- INNER GROOVES: Strategically weaken the upper section of the jacket, ensuring consistent, controlled expansion, even at long range.
- TAPERED JACKET: Jacket thickness is precisely controlled for expansion at all velocities.
- ONE-PIECE CORE: Does not separate like two-piece divided cores. The InterLock® retains more mass and energy for deep penetration and large, consistent wound channels that ensure quick, clean kills.
- CANNELURE: Provides accurate and consistent crimping and also works with InterLock® ring to ensure the core and jacket remain locked during expansion.
- INTERLOCK® RING: The raised InterLock® ring is embedded in the bullet's core, ensuring the core and jacket are locked in one piece during expansion to retain mass and energy.
This is not loaded ammunition.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
CALIBER: 30 Cal. .308" FP
PRODUCT LINE: InterLock®
SECTIONAL DENSITY: .256
BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT: .189 (G1)
WEIGHT: 170 GR
APPLICATION: Medium Game 50-300 lbs, Large Game 300-1500 lbs
BOX COUNT: 100
ITEM #: 3060
Read 6 Reviews - Average Rating: 5 stars
Hornady 170 gr FP
By Barry B.
on Apr 24, 2023
These bullets always shoot well in several 336 Marlins I have collected over the years. They are also the bullet my Savage 340 prefers as well. Have tried a couple of different bullet manufacturers, but always come back to the Hornady.
Hornaday 170 gr FP
By Gerald D.
on Nov 14, 2022
Have used this bullet for many years in a number of 30/30 rifles. Has always been an excellent performer both at the range and in the field
HORNADY 30c (.308) 170gr FP BULLET (30-30)
By Daniel D.
on Sep 03, 2022
Hard to find a better bullet than this for the 30-30, and similar cartridges. These are very accurate in a Savage 99 30-30. Grouping less than an inch. Their performance on game is legendary.
Great Bullet !!
By Raymond B.
on Dec 27, 2021
This is an excellent bullet for the 30-30 Winchester. I've tried reloading several bullets for my Marlin "Texan" rifle and this bullet is by far the most accurate !!
By Steven M.
on Feb 11, 2020
Bought these to make some less expensive sight in ammo to replicate Hornady 175 gr. sub x ammo for next year's deer season. All my deer hunting is close range stand hunting.
Hornady 170 gr FP
By Mark L.
on Apr 26, 2019
Great for the brush. With the new powders the added FPS on this bullet are a plus.
2 of 2 customers found this page helpful.
Submit your own rating by logging in.