- Metallic Reloading
- Handgun Bullets
- 9mm / 38 Super / 380 Auto (.355 - .356)
HORNADY 9MM(.355)147gr HP/XTP BULLET HollowPt 100/BX
Designed for hunting, self-defense and law enforcement applications, the XTP® bullet demonstrates the kind of accuracy that led many competitive shooters to adopt it. Reliable performance makes the XTP® the most popular handgun bullet for both target shooters and hunters. But it's the stopping power of the XTP® bullet that has truly built its world-class reputation. From the onset, XTP® bullets were specifically designed to expand reliably at a wide range of handgun velocities to deliver deep penetration with every shot.
- CONTROLLED EXPANSION: Precise serrations divide the XTP® into symmetrical sections, strategically weakening the jacket and initiating controlled expansion even at low velocities.
- NO EXPOSED LEAD: The gilding metal jacket protects the nose of the bullet, so the hollow cavity functions properly on impact and ensures proper feeding in semi-automatics.
- SWAGED CORE: Total uniformity of core density ensures balanced expansion as well as in-flight stability.
- DRAWN GILDING METAL JACKET: Expansion is controlled by varying jacket thickness down the length of the XTP®, providing a definite advantage over plated bullets which have a uniform jacket thickness over the entire bullet.
- CANNELURE: On revolver bullets, the cannelure helps achieve accurate, consistent crimping. All cannelures are applied before the final forming process to eliminate any distortion to the finished bullet.
This is not loaded ammunition.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
CALIBER: 9mm .355"
PRODUCT LINE: XTP®
SECTIONAL DENSITY: .167
BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT: .212 (G1)
WEIGHT: 147 GR
APPLICATION: Varmint < 50 lbs, Personal Defense
BOX COUNT: 100
ITEM #: 35580
Read 6 Reviews - Average Rating: 4.8 stars
Accurate, great for PCC 9MM subsonic loads
By Paul J.
on Nov 16, 2022
This bullet is very accurate in two Ruger PCCs, pushed to the upper end of of the subsonic range, and feeds reliably 100% from a number of Glock and clone mags.
It represents a good value - cost-effective premium bullet performance, and Graf's shipping policy/rate is a great fit for bullet purchases.
Review of Hornady 147 Grain 9mm Bullets
By Matt M.
on Sep 23, 2022
These are the most inherently accurate 9mm bullets on the market today. They are probably the most accurate 9mm bullets ever made. Three reasons for their accuracy: (1) Boat Tail design, (2) Shape and Weight, (3) Hornady Quality and Consistency. From the bench, fully supported, 8 inch barrel, 3x optic, and 4.5 pound trigger, they will consistently shoot at least 3 inch, 5 shot groups at 100 yards. Best groups are 1.5 inches. I have shot many different types of 9mm bullets with many different load combinations, and none of them come close to this type of consistent accuracy. What is critical for this bullet is to keep the velocity very close to 950 ft/sec. Not 900 ft/sec, not 1000 ft/sec; 950 ft/sec.
Good quality at great price
By Eric S.
on Mar 24, 2022
You can’t go wrong with Hornady. Even though their hollow point pistol bullets don’t mushroom out as big as other top brands but they are adequate, consistent and accurate.
By Kevin K.
on Mar 20, 2020
Quality is awesome. Weight is consistent. These are the easiest loading projos around. With the bevelled base they load so we'll that it is crazy. Can't speak about expansion but they are accurate as heck. I use over Vihtavouri N105 for a low pressure pleasant shooting bullet. Get some!
PERFECT - AS USUAL !!!!!!.
By MR. LYNNE D. B.
on Jul 30, 2019
WITH GRAF & SONS IT'S " THE SAME OLE' THING - BUSINESS AS USUAL " ---
VERY FAST SHIPPING.
EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
GRAF & SONS SHOULD BE A " BUSINESS MODEL " FOR EVERY COMPANY IN THE UNITED STATES !!!!!.
HORNADY 9MM(.355)147gr HP/XTP BULLET HollowPt
By GW M.
on Jan 16, 2019
These are excellent bullets for reloading, consistent and accurate.
Was this page helpful?
Submit your own rating by logging in.