- Metallic Reloading
- Handgun Bullets
- 38 Caliber (.357 - .358)
HORNADY 38c(.357)180gr HP/XTP BULLET HollowPt 100/BX
Designed for hunting, self-defense and law enforcement applications, the XTP® bullet demonstrates the kind of accuracy that led many competitive shooters to adopt it. Reliable performance makes the XTP® the most popular handgun bullet for both target shooters and hunters. But it's the stopping power of the XTP® bullet that has truly built its world-class reputation. From the onset, XTP® bullets were specifically designed to expand reliably at a wide range of handgun velocities to deliver deep penetration with every shot.
- CONTROLLED EXPANSION: Precise serrations divide the XTP® into symmetrical sections, strategically weakening the jacket and initiating controlled expansion even at low velocities.
- NO EXPOSED LEAD: The gilding metal jacket protects the nose of the bullet, so the hollow cavity functions properly on impact and ensures proper feeding in semi-automatics.
- SWAGED CORE: Total uniformity of core density ensures balanced expansion as well as in-flight stability.
- DRAWN GILDING METAL JACKET: Expansion is controlled by varying jacket thickness down the length of the XTP®, providing a definite advantage over plated bullets which have a uniform jacket thickness over the entire bullet.
- CANNELURE: On revolver bullets, the cannelure helps achieve accurate, consistent crimping. All cannelures are applied before the final forming process to eliminate any distortion to the finished bullet.
This is not loaded ammunition.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
CALIBER: 38 Cal. .357"
PRODUCT LINE: XTP®
SECTIONAL DENSITY: .202
BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT: .230 (G1)
WEIGHT: 180 GR
APPLICATION: Varmint < 50 lbs, Medium Game 50-300 lbs, Personal Defense
BOX COUNT: 100
ITEM #: 35771
Read 8 Reviews - Average Rating: 5 stars
Hornady 180 grain .357 XTP HP
By Charles J S.
on Feb 23, 2023
My contender in 357 maximum and this bullet are perfect for each other. A real accurate bullet. Thank you.
Hornady 180 gr. .357 Dia.
By Ronald K.
on Feb 04, 2023
Excellent accuracy out of my .357 Magnum revolvers. Highly recommend!!
By Richard K.
on Feb 01, 2023
Quality bullet! The 180gr shoot great out of my Ruger GP100 357mag and the 240gr out of my Henry 44 mag.
My favorite bullets for whitetail!
Service from Grafs is always excellent!
By Franklin T.
on Jan 20, 2023
Excellent bullet for suppressed Henry X-Model loads!
good combo load
By Jerry S.
on Aug 02, 2020
accurate shooting from my Smith and Wesson model 19 and my Marlin cowboy lever action 357 mag both. chambers well in the rifle. Good price for quality bullets.
By Edward K.
on Mar 05, 2020
These shoot really well out of my MGM 357 max barrel. Typical Hornady quality.
Good Bullets for the 350 Legend
By Paul C.
on Dec 04, 2019
I intend to shoot these bullets out of my 350 legend once the throat chamber has been enlarged enough to accept these bullets. I think they would be an excellent choice for hog hunting.
By Vic K.
on Feb 23, 2019
Hornady has been my preferred choice for rifle and jacketed pistol bullets since 1974. Why: performance and price.
Was this page helpful?
Submit your own rating by logging in.