- Metallic Reloading
- Rifle Bullets
- 45 Caliber (.452-.459)
HORNADY 45c (.458) 300gr HP BULLET HollowPt 50/BX
Hornady's traditional line of bullets feature exposed lead tips for controlled expansion and hard-hitting terminal performance. Most have their pioneering secant ogive design — one of the most ballistically efficient profiles ever developed. Most feature Hornady's exclusive InterLock® design — a raised ring inside the jacket that is embedded in the bullet's core that keeps the core and jacket locked together during expansion to retain mass and energy.
- INNER GROOVES: Strategically weaken the upper section of the jacket, ensuring consistent, controlled expansion, even at long range.
- TAPERED JACKET: Jacket thickness is precisely controlled for expansion at all velocities.
- ONE-PIECE CORE: Does not separate like two-piece divided cores. The InterLock® retains more mass and energy for deep penetration and large, consistent wound channels that ensure quick, clean kills.
- CANNELURE: Provides accurate and consistent crimping and also works with InterLock® ring to ensure the core and jacket remain locked during expansion.
- INTERLOCK® RING: The raised InterLock® ring is embedded in the bullet's core, ensuring the core and jacket are locked in one piece during expansion to retain mass and energy.
This is not loaded ammunition.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
CALIBER: 45 Cal. .458" HP
PRODUCT LINE: InterLock®
SECTIONAL DENSITY: .204
BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT: .197 (G1)
WEIGHT: 300 GR
APPLICATION: Medium Game 50-300 lbs, Large Game 300-1500 lbs
BOX COUNT: 50
ITEM #: 4500
Read 10 Reviews - Average Rating: 4.9 stars
Great .45-70 bullet
By Ronald M.
on Feb 02, 2023
In California we are required to use bullets not containing lead for all hunting. I use these for practice as they shoot very well out of my Lyman/Pedersoli Sharps 1878. They are also much less expensive to shoot!
By Christopher D.
on Jan 11, 2023
Use these in my two 45-70 for swamp hunting pigs.
By Christopher A.
on Jan 04, 2023
Very consistent weights!! Great services
Great sub sonic bullet
By Patrick A.
on Nov 17, 2022
Very good performing sub sonic round too bad Hornady does not publish true sub sonic load data for these
By Sean S.
on Nov 10, 2022
These are the only 300 grain bullets i use. Can't find 405 grain rem. any where.
Multi purpose bullet
By Steve K.
on Nov 10, 2022
.458 300 grn jhp
Used this in multiple guns.
Savage MLII w 5744 & w mmp orange sabot
Knight Wolverine 50 cal w mmp black sabot
Knight Bighirn 50 cal w mmp black sabot
ALL shoot 2” or better off sandbags at 100yds
All have killed white tails.
Bullets that were recovered seem to have mushroomed nicely, without much shedding of jacket or core loss, two BP guns less mushroom than the smokeless ones.
Highly recommend, fills multiple needs, with great price, performance, reliability.
45-70 300 GR. JHP
By Alan C.
on Sep 26, 2022
GREAT BULLET! no feed problems and shoots well in my 45-70 Marlin 1895
By Clint M.
on Jul 14, 2020
good price very accurate in my marlin 1895 gbl
By Eric V.
on Nov 16, 2019
I like these bullets for my .45-70. I usually shoot powder coated cast bullets, but these and the 350 gr version are my go-to bullets for hunting. Very accurate and effective!
By Willard D.
on May 10, 2019
Does a good job in mt 45-70
1 of 1 customers found this page helpful.
Submit your own rating by logging in.