- Metallic Reloading
- Handgun Bullets
- 45 Caliber (.451 - .454)
HORNADY 45c(.451)185gr HP/XTP BULLET HollowPt 100/BX
Designed for hunting, self-defense and law enforcement applications, the XTP® bullet demonstrates the kind of accuracy that led many competitive shooters to adopt it. Reliable performance makes the XTP® the most popular handgun bullet for both target shooters and hunters. But it's the stopping power of the XTP® bullet that has truly built its world-class reputation. From the onset, XTP® bullets were specifically designed to expand reliably at a wide range of handgun velocities to deliver deep penetration with every shot.
- CONTROLLED EXPANSION: Precise serrations divide the XTP® into symmetrical sections, strategically weakening the jacket and initiating controlled expansion even at low velocities.
- NO EXPOSED LEAD: The gilding metal jacket protects the nose of the bullet, so the hollow cavity functions properly on impact and ensures proper feeding in semi-automatics.
- SWAGED CORE: Total uniformity of core density ensures balanced expansion as well as in-flight stability.
- DRAWN GILDING METAL JACKET: Expansion is controlled by varying jacket thickness down the length of the XTP®, providing a definite advantage over plated bullets which have a uniform jacket thickness over the entire bullet.
- CANNELURE: On revolver bullets, the cannelure helps achieve accurate, consistent crimping. All cannelures are applied before the final forming process to eliminate any distortion to the finished bullet.
This is not loaded ammunition.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
CALIBER: 45 Cal. .451"
PRODUCT LINE: XTP®
SECTIONAL DENSITY: .130
BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT: .139 (G1)
WEIGHT: 185 GR
APPLICATION: Varmint < 50 lbs, Personal Defense
BOX COUNT: 100
ITEM #: 45100
Read 5 Reviews - Average Rating: 5 stars
Hornady 185 gr HP XTP
By Bryan T.
on Jul 26, 2022
The Hornady 185 gr HP XTP works out to be an accurate round loaded with titegroup in 45 ACP. Also felt recoil is minimized using these lighter loads. I will be purchasing more.
Hornady 185 gr XTP
By Jerry S.
on Sep 05, 2020
Accurate bullet with titegroup powder. Chambered without any problems in my Springfield 1911 A1 and my XDS 45. Will buy again.
hornady 185 grn. XTP
By Foy M.
on Sep 04, 2020
These preformed great in my .460 ROWLAND
By James G.
on Sep 04, 2020
I use XTPs in all my defense reloads. They are very accurate and also typically come with 100 in the box (Hornady has shorted me in the past in the.223 caliber)
Note for CZ guys, These will not chamber on my CZ75 at the recommended cartridge length. I had to short them down a little bit in the case FWIW
By RICK G.
on May 30, 2020
hornady xtp's always work great!
Was this page helpful?
Submit your own rating by logging in.