- Metallic Reloading
- Handgun Bullets
- 45 Caliber (.451 - .454)
HORNADY 45c(.451)200gr HP/XTP BULLET HollowPt 100/BX
Designed for hunting, self-defense and law enforcement applications, the XTP® bullet demonstrates the kind of accuracy that led many competitive shooters to adopt it. Reliable performance makes the XTP® the most popular handgun bullet for both target shooters and hunters. But it's the stopping power of the XTP® bullet that has truly built its world-class reputation. From the onset, XTP® bullets were specifically designed to expand reliably at a wide range of handgun velocities to deliver deep penetration with every shot.
- CONTROLLED EXPANSION: Precise serrations divide the XTP® into symmetrical sections, strategically weakening the jacket and initiating controlled expansion even at low velocities.
- NO EXPOSED LEAD: The gilding metal jacket protects the nose of the bullet, so the hollow cavity functions properly on impact and ensures proper feeding in semi-automatics.
- SWAGED CORE: Total uniformity of core density ensures balanced expansion as well as in-flight stability.
- DRAWN GILDING METAL JACKET: Expansion is controlled by varying jacket thickness down the length of the XTP®, providing a definite advantage over plated bullets which have a uniform jacket thickness over the entire bullet.
- CANNELURE: On revolver bullets, the cannelure helps achieve accurate, consistent crimping. All cannelures are applied before the final forming process to eliminate any distortion to the finished bullet.
This is not loaded ammunition.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
CALIBER: 45 Cal. .451"
PRODUCT LINE: XTP®
SECTIONAL DENSITY: .140
BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT: .151 (G1)
WEIGHT: 200 GR
APPLICATION: Varmint < 50 lbs, Personal Defense
BOX COUNT: 100
ITEM #: 45140
Read 6 Reviews - Average Rating: 5 stars
Hornady 200 gr HP XTP
By Douglas B.
on Dec 23, 2022
Great product, will be loading for my 45 ACP and
460 Roland, great for hunting.
Excellent for short-barrel 45's
By Mike G.
on Dec 05, 2022
The Hornady 45 cal 200 grain XTP has a well-deserved reputation for accuracy, and it is specified to expand at velocities as low as 700 fps. It is the only .45 cal in Hornady's lineup that performs at speeds that low. Accurate, dependable, and economical, it is a great choice for self-defense in short-barreled 45acp pistols.
Perfect 1911 bullet
By George S.
on Nov 21, 2022
I tried these because other brands I tried would not feed reliably in my 1911s. These work flawlessly. I load them to around 900 fps and the limited testing I have done shooting into water filled jugs has shown good expansion and weight retention. Hornady makes a good bullet.
Love the brand
By Philip A.
on Nov 08, 2022
hard hitting, does it right!
By Gregory W.
on Aug 17, 2022
I've used Hornady pistol bullets for many years and have never been disappointed. Great quality at a reasonable price.
Excellent for 460 Rowland
By Andre T.
on Feb 18, 2019
I purchase 100 of these HORNADY 45c(.451)200gr HP/XTP BULLETS for my 460 Rowland. Quality bullets and Graf and Son and very competitive prices. They are easy load great for self defense. These beauties are putting out 970 ft pounds of energy in my Glock 21 with the 460R barrel and comp.
Was this page helpful?
Submit your own rating by logging in.