- Metallic Reloading
- Handgun Bullets
- 45 Caliber (.451 - .454)
HORNADY 45c(.451)230gr HP/XTP BULLET HollowPt 100/BX
Designed for hunting, self-defense and law enforcement applications, the XTP® bullet demonstrates the kind of accuracy that led many competitive shooters to adopt it. Reliable performance makes the XTP® the most popular handgun bullet for both target shooters and hunters. But it's the stopping power of the XTP® bullet that has truly built its world-class reputation. From the onset, XTP® bullets were specifically designed to expand reliably at a wide range of handgun velocities to deliver deep penetration with every shot.
- CONTROLLED EXPANSION: Precise serrations divide the XTP® into symmetrical sections, strategically weakening the jacket and initiating controlled expansion even at low velocities.
- NO EXPOSED LEAD: The gilding metal jacket protects the nose of the bullet, so the hollow cavity functions properly on impact and ensures proper feeding in semi-automatics.
- SWAGED CORE: Total uniformity of core density ensures balanced expansion as well as in-flight stability.
- DRAWN GILDING METAL JACKET: Expansion is controlled by varying jacket thickness down the length of the XTP®, providing a definite advantage over plated bullets which have a uniform jacket thickness over the entire bullet.
- CANNELURE: On revolver bullets, the cannelure helps achieve accurate, consistent crimping. All cannelures are applied before the final forming process to eliminate any distortion to the finished bullet.
This is not loaded ammunition.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
CALIBER: 45 Cal. .451"
PRODUCT LINE: XTP®
SECTIONAL DENSITY: .162
BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT: .188 (G1)
WEIGHT: 230 GR
APPLICATION: Medium Game 50-300 lbs, Personal Defense
BOX COUNT: 100
ITEM #: 45160
Read 7 Reviews - Average Rating: 4.9 stars
By Greg S.
on Aug 25, 2023
These work well in my 1911!!
Great in the 45acp
By Jason B.
on Aug 01, 2023
Load these for my 45acps, great round. and expansion.
hornady 45 (230 gr. hp)
By Alan C.
on May 07, 2023
No issues when loading these bullets on my dillon 550 press. They work great in my Kimber gold match 45 acp.
Hornady 230 gr XTP
By Douglas B.
on Dec 23, 2022
Great product, will be loading for my 45 ACP,
good for personal protection.
By James R.
on Nov 15, 2022
I have loaded various hollow point bullets for .45 ACP over the past 35 years, and I like the Hornady XTP the best. They feed flawlessly in any .45 I own, their penetration and expansion are among the best, and they are more accurate than I am. As is always the case, Graf & Sons got them to me on time and damage free.
By James G.
on Aug 04, 2022
These bullets are phenomenal!
Jack of all trades, master of none.
By Jake K.
on Jan 17, 2019
These HP’s feed in my finicky 1911 just fine. XTP’s are an older design and are not state of the art. Their known issues are over penetration and they don’t always expand in FBI denim tests. They are not Federal HST’s. Now the good, they are accurate! I wish Hornady would sell their Critical Duty line for reloading. They are basically XTP’s with a elastomeric red tip up front to expand in denim or intermediate barriers. This 230gr version will expand nicely if you give it enough oomph, just be safe! I can get mine up to 900fps without going to max published load data.
Was this page helpful?
Submit your own rating by logging in.