- Metallic Reloading
- Case Cleaning & Prep
- Case Annealers & Accessories
Bench Source Gas Annealer 110 Volt
Please Note: Standard Index Plate now comes as shown in Picture 2.
Many times, brass necks or shoulders will split from too many reloadings or cartridge cases will work harden and be discarded that seemingly no longer shoot accurately. When annealed properly, your brass will have a longer life and display less fliers on the target. And at an average of 400-500 per hour, it won’t take up too much valuable time that you could be out burning powder! 110 volt with a 220 volt switch. Torch heads are pictured, but not included.
- May use one or two heat sources. Not necessary to perfectly setup two nozzles because the cartridge case spins in a stationary spindle while heating.
- Torch tips are adjustable in height, angle, distance and vertical tilt by two clamp knobs. (No Wing Nuts) Sets up in 2 minutes from 22 Hornet to the Largest Magnum Cases. (Can be supplied for .50 Caliber)
- Time of heating is adjustable fom 1.5 to 10.0 seconds. Precise control is supplied by micro-processor unit and 10 bit analog/digital converter. Processor has both a 'Setup' (manual) control and 'Automatic Cycle'.
- Table Top and Index Plate are made from aluminum and are fan cooled by a 50 Cubic Feet per Minute Fan Unit.. They will not heat up significantly during use! No plastic to bow or warp. Table acts as a heat sink to maintain hardness in the cartridge case head.
- Index Plate is fixed and indexed by what is termed by mechanical types as a Geneva Drive. The wheel is always engaged and will not free wheel, possibly binding and over loading motors or having to make sure of the position of the wheel before operation. (Now redesigned as shown in Picture 2)
- Small foot print. Only 10" Wide x 12" Long x 6" Tall. (Excluding Capstands) Weighs approximately 12 pounds. Great size for portability.
- Supplied with a built in level and (4) adjustable legs. (Unit only needs to be moderately level). The Drive Wheel thickness is 1/4" eliminating cartridge tip over.
- All aluminum is anodized either Black or Clear to prevent oxidation over time and has a very pleasing look. (Your friends will be impressed!)
- Will process about 500-600 cartridges per hour. Average time is 4 seconds for heating and 2 seconds for indexing on most .308 and Magnum case sizes. (Can be progammed up to 10 seconds heating time for single torch use)
Read 12 Reviews - Average Rating: 4.9 stars
Bench Source Annealer Review
By John B.
on Jun 15, 2023
Very good product and great service from Graf & Sons. Easy to operate, fast and good repeatability. I gave it four stars because the top shell holder plate was somewhat difficult to install. It seemed that the holes drilled in the plate for the installation studs may have been a bit out of specs making too tight. I was afraid forcing it would damage the studs so I called Bench Source customer service and had to leave a message. No return call. I finally managed to work the plate down on the studs without damaging the studs.
Bench-Source Annealing Machine
By Jerry N.
on Nov 11, 2020
The Bench-Source Annealing Machine is a big chunk of money and you have to purchase torches and Tempilaq that should be bundled with the machine but it is worth every penny. I had a torch annealing machine for several years that worked okay but was very difficult to get repeatability with it and required more than a little setup each time. The Bench-Source is made to be a repeatable setup and runs without a hitch. Consistency is what we are all after and what a Bench-Source Annealing machine delivers. Following Bench-Source's directions it is easy to setup and get great repeatable results. The machine is first class in every way. It is built extremely well and looks as good as it works. Don't waste your money buying the cheaper ones - if you are serious about annealing and the resulting benefits - you owe it to yourself to buy a Bench-Source Annealing Machine.
Bench Source Annealer
By Anthony F.
on Oct 10, 2020
Have placed several orders with Graf & Sons since my involvement with F class open competition. All orders were handled well. My recent order of Bench Source Annealer, recently received, was packed well and I am pleased with all aspects of the transaction. Further orders to Graf's will occur as needs arrive.
Please let me know when Varget Powder and CCI-450 primers are available.
By Christopher F.
on May 13, 2020
I had a tough time picking an annealer. With so many options and price differences it took me a month to pick one. I had a different one prior to this one. I am super happy I chose the Bench Source. The packaging was top notch. I really like the dual torch set up. I purchased hoses for the torches so they are not putting stress on the brackets. I highly recommend doing that. My only complaint is, at this price point, it should come with the torches. If you want some good info about how to set this thing up watch the 6.5 Guys YouTube video. That have some good info about how to get this thing running awesome!
By Daniel S.
on Apr 15, 2020
Very pleased with the machine, very well built and affordable for this level of precision. They also did a good job shipping in the middle of this nonsense CoVid garbage. Took a few days to get it out but nothing crazy.
Well Done and Thank You from Sunny Florida
Bench Source Vertex
By Kurt H.
on Mar 26, 2020
Ingenious machine. Gets the job done very well and very consistently. Talked to David, the owner of Bench Source yesterday, and he walked me right thru an issue I was dealing with. Donna is excellent customer service also.
By Chad F.
on Jun 17, 2019
Amazing piece of equipment! So easy to use and set up. Get some 650 degree tempilaq and propane and your ready to go. Simple, easy adjustment so you don’t over-anneal.
By Ron H.
on Apr 02, 2019
Quality construction. Easy to setup and use. Annealing is great. I would suggest using hoses attached to nozzles and a single tank rather than two disposable torches. I think setup is easier, don’t have to remove them to put the machine away, perhaps same pressure at bothnozzle since one source of gas is used.
By Michael E.
on Feb 19, 2019
Very easy to set up and gives very consistent results. I used Tempilaq (650 degrees F) and followed the instructions, like it says in the booklet that comes with the machine, to get the heat just right. I also bought a couple of extension propane hoses so that I don't have to mess with the weight of the tanks on the burner mounts. I think the hoses make it easier to set up and to aim the burners.
Glad I bought this machine. Was a little pricey but I think this is one of my best purchases.
By Gary H.
on Jan 03, 2019
really impressed with quality. hour later was setup and running cases. so far I am really glad I picked this one over some of the others I looked at
By Larry S.
on May 05, 2014
great first impression ,well packed and the machine itself shows an attention to detail that is refreshing to see in this age of mass production.
i can only hope the same attention was paid to the electronics and motors.
set up was easy with the directions supplied.
only needed one torch for .308 at about 4 seconds each.
it's not supplied with torches but i would like to see a small amount of temperature sensing paint included.
My new Bench Source annealer - review
By Steve W.
on Jun 16, 2012
I just received my Bench Source brass annealer, opened the box, read the instructions, and proceeded to setup the tool. The setup was easy and I had my 284 competition brass all tumbled and ready. It took a couple of minor torch adjustments to get the angle just right and started. I completed all of my 450 rounds of 284 brass in 53 minutes. They look like they just came off the Lapua assembly line. Couldn't be happier and should have done this a long time ago.
A few neck tension checks of my 284 brass verified my reason for purchasing, after sizing the bullet seating was very consistent while watch seating pressure on my arbor press. I was never able to get it that close before.
One reason I purchased it was that I was able to use one before I bought mine and that's what sold me. I have been annealing with drill/socket setup as a case holder & the torch held in vise, which works OK, however, takes a long time and is just not as consistent. So I made the leap and is one of the best purchases decisions I’ve made for more consistent competition bolt rifle ammo.
Real time saver and super results!!!
5 of 5 customers found this page helpful.
Submit your own rating by logging in.