- Metallic Reloading
- Case Cleaning & Prep
- Gauges and Measuring Instruments
FORSTER CASE & CARTRIDGE INSPECTORw/DIAL INDICATOR
Accurate performance from your ammunition is absolutely dependent on uniformity of both the bullet and the case. Achieving that uniformity is not possible without an accurate, reliable measuring device.
Forster’s exclusive Co-Ax® Case & Cartridge Inspector provides you with the ability to ensure uniformity by measuring three critical dimensions:
- Measures “accuracy-critical” dimensions:
- Neck wall thickness.
- Case, bullet and cartridge runout (concentricity).
- Uniquely supports case/cartridge to check both bullet and case alignment in relation to the centerline (long axis) of the case/cartridge.
- Measurements are in increments of .001″.
- Accommodates cartridges from 204 Ruger to 45-70.
- Includes precision dial indicator, accurate to .001″.
- Maximum overall case length that may be inspected is 3.50″.
- Quality manufactured from precision-engineered automotive-type castings.
- Uses the same Pilots as our Case Trimmers.
(Note: 17 cal. Pilot is not compatible with this tool.)
Read 1 Reviews - Average Rating: 3 stars
Good tool for finding an accuracy problem.
By Carl A.
on Jul 16, 2017
It seems as though it does its job of measuring case neck thickness and concentricity. I am having accuracy problems with a rifle and measured the cases I was using with the case inspector and found that a high number of cases had a tremendous amount of variation in neck thickness and eccentricity of the case neck. It is a bit difficult to use as the directions provided with the tool doesn't go into detail on some usage, however, the learning curve becomes easier as you use it, and I know the folks at Forster will help with any problem you may have.
Was this page helpful?
Submit your own rating by logging in.