- Metallic Reloading
- Rifle Bullets
- 243 Caliber/6mm (.242-.243)
HORNADY 6MM (.243) 58gr V-MAX BULLET 100/BX
With its combination of proven materials, innovative design and streamlined profile, the Hornady® V-MAX® represents the pinnacle of what a specialized varmint bullet can achieve, offering straight-line trajectories, enhanced accuracy, dramatic expansion and explosive fragmentation at a wide range of distances and velocities.
The industry's leading varmint bullet with polymer tip and streamlined design results in flat trajectories. The concentricity of the match grade AMP® bullet jacket provides maximum accuracy at all ranges as well as explosive expansion, even at velocities as low as 1600 fps.
- POLYMER TIP: The secret to the explosive terminal performance of the V-Max® is a hollow cavity resting between the tip's shaft and the body of the bullet. Upon impact, the hard shaft builds up speed and energy before driving into the core, causing the entire package to rapidly expand to the point of violent fragmentation, even at low terminal velocities.
- HIGHER BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT: Hornady® combines the sharp, pointed polymer tip with the most aerodynamic profile for a high ballistic coefficient. The V-MAX® profile also provides the maximum bearing surface for added in-flight stability.
- SWAGED LEAD CORE: The swaging process allows precise formation of the core up and around the tip, with a cavity under the tip's stem. This allows the tip to build up energy before smashing into the core, causing dramatic fragmentation of the core and jacket.
- PRECISE BOATTAIL & FLATBASE DESIGNS: Utilizing the proper base design provides incredible in-flight stability for long-range shooting.
This is not loaded ammunition.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
CALIBER: 6mm .243"
PRODUCT LINE: V-MAX®
SECTIONAL DENSITY: .140
BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT: .250 (G1)
WEIGHT: 58 GR
APPLICATION: Varmint < 50 lbs
BOX COUNT: 100
ITEM #: 22411
Read 2 Reviews - Average Rating: 5 stars
little tack drivers
By Dakota E.
on Apr 12, 2019
These bullets are absolutely great in my tc compass. I use imr3031 and didn't even have to really dial in my charge. At 100 yards i can pretty much put them right on top of each other. Haven't shot any yotes with them yet but set up a milk jug at 100 half full of water. shot above the water line and it went straight through both sides. shot the bottom half with water and it went through the front and exploded. so as far as i can tell just as advertised.
By Willard D.
on Dec 31, 2018
Pushing it out at about 3600 fps with xx grains of 4320 will turn a crow into just feathers..Best 6mm bullet I've found for varmints.
Was this page helpful?
Submit your own rating by logging in.