- Metallic Reloading
- Handgun Bullets
- 40 Caliber / 10mm (.400 - .401)
HORNADY 10MM(.400)180g HP/XTP BULLET HollowPt 100/BX
Designed for hunting, self-defense and law enforcement applications, the XTP® bullet demonstrates the kind of accuracy that led many competitive shooters to adopt it. Reliable performance makes the XTP® the most popular handgun bullet for both target shooters and hunters. But it's the stopping power of the XTP® bullet that has truly built its world-class reputation. From the onset, XTP® bullets were specifically designed to expand reliably at a wide range of handgun velocities to deliver deep penetration with every shot.
- CONTROLLED EXPANSION: Precise serrations divide the XTP® into symmetrical sections, strategically weakening the jacket and initiating controlled expansion even at low velocities.
- NO EXPOSED LEAD: The gilding metal jacket protects the nose of the bullet, so the hollow cavity functions properly on impact and ensures proper feeding in semi-automatics.
- SWAGED CORE: Total uniformity of core density ensures balanced expansion as well as in-flight stability.
- DRAWN GILDING METAL JACKET: Expansion is controlled by varying jacket thickness down the length of the XTP®, providing a definite advantage over plated bullets which have a uniform jacket thickness over the entire bullet.
- CANNELURE: On revolver bullets, the cannelure helps achieve accurate, consistent crimping. All cannelures are applied before the final forming process to eliminate any distortion to the finished bullet.
This is not loaded ammunition.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
CALIBER: 10mm .400"
PRODUCT LINE: XTP®
SECTIONAL DENSITY: .161
BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT: .164 (G1)
WEIGHT: 180 GR
APPLICATION: Varmint < 50 lbs, Medium Game 50-300 lbs, Personal Defense
BOX COUNT: 100
ITEM #: 40040
Read 3 Reviews - Average Rating: 5 stars
Excellent Bullet and service from Graf.
By Mark H.
on May 11, 2020
Consistent groups in both my S&W 1006 and 4006.
Great bullets in all calibers
By Max K.
on Apr 17, 2020
These bullets have been good in 10mm, 45 app, 45 colt and 44 magnum
By Kevin C.
on Feb 04, 2020
Hornady XTP bullets have always seemed to be the most accurate and consistent out of many I've used over the years. These are no exception.
1 of 1 customers found this page helpful.
Submit your own rating by logging in.