- Metallic Reloading
- Handgun Bullets
- 40 Caliber / 10mm (.400 - .401)
HORNADY 10MM(.400)200g HP/XTP BULLET HollowPt 100/BX
Designed for hunting, self-defense and law enforcement applications, the XTP® bullet demonstrates the kind of accuracy that led many competitive shooters to adopt it. Reliable performance makes the XTP® the most popular handgun bullet for both target shooters and hunters. But it's the stopping power of the XTP® bullet that has truly built its world-class reputation. From the onset, XTP® bullets were specifically designed to expand reliably at a wide range of handgun velocities to deliver deep penetration with every shot.
- CONTROLLED EXPANSION: Precise serrations divide the XTP® into symmetrical sections, strategically weakening the jacket and initiating controlled expansion even at low velocities.
- NO EXPOSED LEAD: The gilding metal jacket protects the nose of the bullet, so the hollow cavity functions properly on impact and ensures proper feeding in semi-automatics.
- SWAGED CORE: Total uniformity of core density ensures balanced expansion as well as in-flight stability.
- DRAWN GILDING METAL JACKET: Expansion is controlled by varying jacket thickness down the length of the XTP®, providing a definite advantage over plated bullets which have a uniform jacket thickness over the entire bullet.
- CANNELURE: On revolver bullets, the cannelure helps achieve accurate, consistent crimping. All cannelures are applied before the final forming process to eliminate any distortion to the finished bullet.
This is not loaded ammunition.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
CALIBER: 10mm .400"
PRODUCT LINE: XTP®
SECTIONAL DENSITY: .179
BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT: .199 (G1)
WEIGHT: 200 GR
APPLICATION: Varmint < 50 lbs, Medium Game 50-300 lbs, Personal Defense
BOX COUNT: 100
ITEM #: 40060
Read 5 Reviews - Average Rating: 5 stars
Hornady 10 mm 200 gn XTP bullets
By David W.
on Mar 10, 2023
A very good bullet. Very consistant weight. I loaded these for a 10 mm auto. My Uncle can't carry a rifle anymore, so he wants to try deer hunting short distance with the 10 mm Glock with red dot sight. Will let you know how they perform on game.
Excellent Bullet for Hog hunting
By Gregory U.
on Feb 15, 2023
I use this bullet out of 10mm carbine with max load of longshot. very accurate and tough.
Hornady 200Gr .40 HP/XTP
By Steve S.
on Jan 30, 2023
I have used HP/XTP bullets for hunting and self defense for over 20 years and love their performance. I look forward to using these in my 10mm auto Glock.
By Nathan W.
on Jan 05, 2023
Hornady 10mm(.400) 200 grain XTP
By James M.
on Sep 25, 2018
I used this bullet, combined with a Harvester 45 sabot (crush rib) in my .45 Thompson Center Omega!
I tried dozens of loads, before consulting a deeply experienced, professional, Black Powder Man!
80 grains of loose 777 with this bullet, wearing a crush rib sabot. Shot through both sides of a big doe, at 130 yards.
Blew through the big shoulder bone (knuckel) and filleted the heart. She took ONE step.
At the range, in combination with spit patch between shots, I finally got the groups I knew the Omega was capable of!
Do the SAME, and you will reap rewards aplenty! Do it NOT, and know frustration!
(Think about it) They killed off the Bison on the Great Plains with the 45-70 (45 bullet with 70 grains of black powder) YOU DON'T need to stuff 120 plus grains of modern propellant, to kill anything on the North American Continent!
A reasonable load, does the job, without the FEAR and FLINCH that come with MASSIVE recoil.
How much MORE than DEAD, do you want that White Tail deer???
Was this page helpful?
Submit your own rating by logging in.