- Metallic Reloading
- Handgun Bullets
- 38 Caliber (.357 - .358)
HORNADY 38c(.357)140gr HP/XTP BULLET HollowPt 100/BX
Designed for hunting, self-defense and law enforcement applications, the XTP® bullet demonstrates the kind of accuracy that led many competitive shooters to adopt it. Reliable performance makes the XTP® the most popular handgun bullet for both target shooters and hunters. But it's the stopping power of the XTP® bullet that has truly built its world-class reputation. From the onset, XTP® bullets were specifically designed to expand reliably at a wide range of handgun velocities to deliver deep penetration with every shot.
- CONTROLLED EXPANSION: Precise serrations divide the XTP® into symmetrical sections, strategically weakening the jacket and initiating controlled expansion even at low velocities.
- NO EXPOSED LEAD: The gilding metal jacket protects the nose of the bullet, so the hollow cavity functions properly on impact and ensures proper feeding in semi-automatics.
- SWAGED CORE: Total uniformity of core density ensures balanced expansion as well as in-flight stability.
- DRAWN GILDING METAL JACKET: Expansion is controlled by varying jacket thickness down the length of the XTP®, providing a definite advantage over plated bullets which have a uniform jacket thickness over the entire bullet.
- CANNELURE: On revolver bullets, the cannelure helps achieve accurate, consistent crimping. All cannelures are applied before the final forming process to eliminate any distortion to the finished bullet.
This is not loaded ammunition.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
CALIBER: 38 Cal. .357"
PRODUCT LINE: XTP®
SECTIONAL DENSITY: .157
BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT: .169 (G1)
WEIGHT: 140 GR
APPLICATION: Varmint < 50 lbs, Medium Game 50-300 lbs, Personal Defense
BOX COUNT: 100
ITEM #: 35740
Read 7 Reviews - Average Rating: 5 stars
By Frank G.
on May 09, 2023
I always purchase Hornady bullets for my reloads. They are superior for my needs.
Loaded for .357 Magnum
By Peter W.
on May 06, 2023
Excellent bullets, very accurate and reasonably priced. I also use XTP bullets in 9mm and 40 S&W. What is nice with those two caliber’s is you can get the HAP bullets in the same weight as the XTP and use the same loading data. I use those for practice and target shooting.
By Robert B.
on Mar 14, 2023
These bullets have GREAT and consistant accuracy, also in my use of them, I find their expansion is very good.
By Franklin S.
on Mar 04, 2023
Excellent product. Fast shipping. Reasonable price
HORNADY 38c(.357)140gr HP/XTP BULLET
By Michael K.
on Jul 28, 2022
Just the right load for my 38 special.
Outstanding Bullet Performance
By Don R.
on Nov 06, 2018
Loaded the 140 gr XTP bullets as .357 Magnum defense rounds with once-fired pin-tumbled cleaned brass. Used CCI 550 SPM primers and xx.x gr W296 powder. Reference: Hornady Manual 10th Edition, pg. 886. Exceptional performance right at 1250 fps.
Also loaded the 125 gr XTP bullets at ~1350 fps using the before mentioned primers and xx.x gr of W296 powder. Reference: Hornady Manual 10th Edition, pg. 885. Quite impressive load for a small weight bullet.
All fired from a Smith & Wesson 6" barrel Model 29-2, which to me is the Cadillac of .357 magnum revolvers. Great bullet to bullet weight consistencies as well. Hornady = Quality.
Loaded for the .357 magnum
By Richard T.
on Oct 02, 2018
I've loaded many different calibers with these bullets and they have proven great for hunting, target shooting and from various reports, self Defense. Will purchase again.
1 of 1 customers found this page helpful.
Submit your own rating by logging in.